Churchill High School and Yearbook Staff hold personal freedom of expression in high regard.
We respect our students as individuals who have a right to be their true selves as long as that does not infringe on the rights and freedoms of others. While we want all students and families to submit Senior Portraits that they are happy with, we do have certain guidelines we ask everyone to follow.
Submit portraits, quotes, and baby pictures to Mr. Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the senior’s name in your email.
Any questions, see Mr. Bennett in room C5 or email email@example.com.
CHS Senior Portrait Official Guidelines
A section of the yearbook is dedicated to Senior pictures and portraits. These are larger than the pics for the other classes and Seniors can submit quotes of up to 20 words to go under their photo. Not everyone chooses to get a portrait taken, and in that case, we just use the Lifetouch® photo that was taken at the beginning of the year. Contact Mr. Bennett if you want an alternative to the Lifetouch photo, but don’t plan to use a professional photographer. The deadline for these portraits is the Friday before Winter Break. To request an extension, contact Mr. Bennett to arrange a later submission time (within reason.)
- Portraits should have an aspect ratio of 4w x 6h (vertically oriented.)
- Portraits should have a resolution of 300 dpi (most professional photographers already do this).
- Clothing should be school-appropriate.
- U.S. official flag etiquette states that the flag itself should not be worn as clothing; according to Section §176 of the Flag Code, “The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. ”
- Please do not submit portraits with the student draping the flag around the shoulders, or any part of the body for that matter.
We would very much appreciate torso shots; they are preferred but NOT required…
Also, vertically oriented works better than horizontally oriented – see below:
We prefer the dimensions to be 6h X 4w but that’s not as important as the dpi, which is a requirement of the Yearbook printer — at least 300 dpi, please! Pictures with lower dpi don’t print at high enough quality.
CHS Senior Quote Guidelines
- Quotes should be school-appropriate.
- Quotes should not include foul language or swear words.
- Bullying, harassment, and discrimination are not tolerated. Quotes should not single out any individual or group in a negative manner.
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHS Baby Pictures Guidelines
We invite all parents/guardians to submit a baby or youth photo of their graduating senior along with a brief dedication that will appear below the “Baby” pic, Please limit this to 30 words or fewer. People generally find a digital pic or digitally scan a physical pic, but we can also scan physical photos here at CHS if we are contacted in advance! The “Baby” pics and dedications are due at the end of February!
Here are the details:
- Pictures should be school-appropriate.
- Please send only digital photos or digital scans of printed photos
- Important! – pics must be 300 dpi for our Yearbook printing plant
- Send the photo by email, along with your message, to email@example.com; please be sure to include your student’s name, your name(s), and your relationship(s) to the student
- We prefer the dimensions to be 6h X 4w but that’s not as important as the dpi, which is a requirement of the Yearbook printer — at least 300 dpi, please! Pictures with lower dpi don’t print at high enough quality.