Graduation ticket distribution policies for all 4J high schools are set by the director of secondary education in cooperation with high school graduation coordinators.
Class of 2022: Beginning March 12, 2022, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts will no longer require mandatory face masks. The venue does welcome and encourage patrons who wish to, to continue wearing masks while attending performances. The Hult Center’s public health requirements and information about their on-site testing service are listed on their website at https://hultcenter.org/health_safety/.
- We do not charge for tickets.
- The Hult Center requires a ticket for every person who enters the hall, including infants. (We recommend scheduling a sitter for children under two years old.)
- Tickets are by section. You will not have an assigned seat, but you will have to sit in the section indicated on your ticket. There are three seating sections in the Silva Concert Hall: the Orchestra (main floor), the Mezzanine (middle floor), and the Balcony (top floor). Wheelchair seating is available in all sections.
- Ticket distribution begins in mid-May. Ticket distribution is only during student lunch.
- Students must be cleared to graduate before they pick up graduation tickets. This includes credit requirements, essential skills, personalized learning, outstanding fees, and overdue library books. A graduation checklist will be posted in the front office and included in weekly communications to families starting in April.
- 6 tickets will be held for each potential graduate. We will hold these tickets until graduation rehearsal on graduation day. If a student does not meet graduation requirements or does not claim tickets, their tickets will be released to other students at the end of the graduation rehearsal.
- Students may request up to 8 additional tickets. Students must be cleared to graduate before they can request additional tickets. Requests will be entered into a lottery, which will be processed the Friday before Memorial Day.
- Additional (lottery) tickets will be distributed after Memorial Day. Students may continue to pick up their 6 held tickets and request up to 8 additional tickets until all additional tickets are distributed.
- On graduation day, any and all remaining tickets, including unclaimed reserved tickets, will be available to all students at graduation rehearsal and to the public in the Hult Center lobby 30 minutes before the graduation ceremony begins. Tickets will not be available at the school on the day of graduation.
Note: The Silva Concert Hall has enough seating for an average of about eight guests per graduating student. In recent years, we have “sold out” of all tickets for graduation. Most students will have fewer than eight guests and some will have more. Although some families anticipate greater numbers of guests, many of those extra tickets go unused every year. Please be prudent when you estimate the number of tickets your family will need. Please return extra tickets to Churchill so that we can share them with families who will use them.