Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Today: Fun & Games Club meets at lunch in H3; Climate Action Club meets at lunch in STEM 100; LSU meets in J11 during lunch; Theatre Tech meets at 3:45 in the auditorium; Churchill Choral Collective meets at 3:35 in D13; Tinker Club is not meeting this week.
Tomorrow: Film and Cinema Club meets at lunch in STEM 100; Interact Club meets at lunch in F39; Thespian Club meets at lunch in H8; APISU meets at lunch in F55; Jewish Cultural Union meets at lunch in F53.
Friday: FSU and Climate Action Club meet at lunch in the Auditorium; Mind Body Divergence Alliance meets in F39 during lunch.
Seniors, if you haven’t picked up your completed LEAP packet yet, please come to the front office to pick it up.
College Now Registration
Attention students taking College Now classes. If you’re having difficulties registering there’s help for you today at lunch! Come to F39 and Heidi from LCC will assist with your College Now Application or Registration.
Come to the 11th annual W.I.S.E. SYMPOSIUM on Wednesday, May 24th, at Churchill from 4:30 to 8:30. Enjoy workshops and presentations around the theme of Biology: life through different lenses. Register at the planters during lunch today, Thursday, and Friday. It’s free and there will be pizza and prizes too.
It is not too late! Stop by the Student Store at lunch – every purchase gets a ticket to enter the mystery bag raffle!
Seniors — The Graduation Survey is due today! The link is on the Graduation at a Glance newsletter and it was sent to every senior’s email. The survey takes only 5 minutes. You can do it right now!
Thespian Spirit Week
It is Thespian Spirit Week! We are celebrating all the work CHS students do to put on a production. We are having a coloring contest in the library to win free tickets to the show and a preview assembly on Friday. Here are our dress-up days:
- Today: Dress as your Favorite Seuss Character Day
- Thursday: Opening Night Drip (fancy clothes).
- Friday: Thespian Society Day (wear Blue and Gold)
CHS Spring Musical
The CHS Spring Musical, Seussical, opens tomorrow! Inspired by the works of Dr. Seuss, this musical follows Horton the Elephant, JoJo the Who, and Gertrude McFuzz through their adventures in the Jungle of Nool, Whoville, and beyond. Showings are May 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, and 20 at 7 PM and May 14 and 21 at 2 PM in the CHS Auditorium. Tickets are $7 for students and $15 for general admission. You can buy tickets from CHS Thespians during lunch, or simply at the door! This is one you simply cannot miss!
Library Coloring Competition
All this week the library is holding a coloring competition with the prize being a ticket to see CHS’s spring musical, Seussical! Come down to the library and illustrate your heart out for a chance to be chosen by our wonderful librarians as one of three winners! Winners will be announced over the announcements on Friday!
- JV Baseball vs. Elmira at Elmira at 4:30; excused at 2:30.
- Middle School Track Districts at CHS at 12:00 pm, Track/Turf closed
- Girls Tennis Districts at Thurston at 12:00 pm, release at 10:0 am
- Boys Tennis Districts at Ashland at 12:00 pm, release all day
- Girls Lacrosse at Bend Ponderosa Park at 5:30 pm
- Girls Lacrosse vs SEHS at 6:00 pm, Senior Night!
- JV Track Districts at Thurston at 1:30 pm, release at 11:30 am
- Varsity Softball at Ashland at 1:00 pm
- Varsity Baseball at Ashland at 1:00 pm
- Girls Tennis Districts at Thurston at 10:00 am
- Boys Tennis Districts at Thurston at 12:00 pm