Summer 2020 Athletic Practice Schedule
Dear Eugene 4J Families,
Beginning on July 8th, we will provide modified athletic workouts for our community. These workouts will strictly follow all OSAA, OHA, State, Lane County, and School District guidelines. The schedules for workouts will be posted online at each High School athletic website. Please pay close attention to the following guidelines that are in place and must be followed in order for any Eugene 4j student to participate in these voluntary workouts.
- All participants must submit the COVID-19 Liability Waiver (pdf) with a parent signature.
- All participants and coaches will go thru a health screening prior to admittance to the workout.
- Coaches have been trained to complete the Health Screenings and may be assisted by Eugene 4j Trainers and School nurses when available.
- If a temperature reading exceeds 100.3 degrees, or the student answers yes to any of the 5 screening questions, they will be dismissed from the screening area to return home. If a child was dropped off and is not able to drive home, that student will be directed to an isolated area to wait for transportation from a family member.
- The 5 questions are:
- Do you have or have you had a cough within the past 14 days?
- Do you or have you experienced shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced nausea/vomiting/diarrhea within the past 14 days?
- Do you have a family member or person living in your household with any of these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Have you had any contact with a COVID-19 positive case?
- All participants must show up in clean appropriate athletic clothing. Participants will not be allowed to use locker rooms or restrooms to change.
- All participants must show up to the screening area with face covering.
- All participants must show up with a water bottle or water jug that is labeled with the student’s name on it. No one will be allowed to share water.
- Parents must drop off and pick up participants in the parking lot and are not allowed to enter the screening area or workout area.
- All workouts are closed to spectators and family members.
- Participants must respect the social distance guidelines at all times and must wait in lines that will be marked at 6 feet increments for the health screening.
- Once a student has passed the health screening they will be allowed to report to the work out area.
- This is an example of a reserved workout time slot of 10:00 am to Noon:
- 10–10:30 am: Health Screening will take place.
- 10:30–Noon: Workout provided by coaching staff.
- Noon: Participants will be excused and must exit the workout area identified by the coaching staff immediately and agree to not congregate around the area. Parents are asked to pick up participants at that time and take their child home to shower and launder clothing. Coaches will sanitize all implements and areas that are appropriate before departing.
Safety is our first priority for providing voluntary workouts for our Eugene 4j students. We look forward to seeing our students back on our athletic fields and gyms.
District Athletic Coordinator
2020 Summer Athletic Practice Schedule (pdf, updated 7/8/2020)
Learn more about athletic programs at Churchill on our C-Hill Athletics page.