Graduation at a G’Lance, May 6, 2022
In this Issue…
- Graduation Checklist
- Graduation Survey Due May 11
- Update: Graduation Ceremony Ticket Distribution Starts May 16
- Honors Diploma Application Due May 16
- Cap and Gown Pickup, and Senior Celebration, May 20
- Grad Party
- Class Shirts for Sale
- Class Gift
- Save your work before you graduate
The graduation calendar and past issues of the “Graduation at a G’Lance” are posted on the Class of 2022 Graduation page.
The Graduation Checklist will be updated weekly and published here and in the front office. Students cannot pick up graduation tickets or participate in the graduation ceremony until the “ADMIN CLEAR TO WALK” column on the checklist is checked off.
- To protect student privacy, the checklist is published with student numbers rather than names. You can find your student number on your most recent report card or in ParentVUE/StudentVUE.
- A checkmark means that your requirements for that column are complete. Incomplete requirements will indicate who can help you finalize the requirement. If you have a question or concern, visit the Counseling page to schedule an appointment with your counselor.
The “COMPLETED CREDITS” column will be updated on May 13, after mid-term grades are completed.
Graduation Survey Due May 11
Please fill out this very brief survey, which is required for graduation. The survey should take 5-10 minutes of your time.
We are proud of you and want to honor you and recognize your achievements. We also provide statistical data to the 4J School District, the State of Oregon, and colleges/universities as required. The graduation survey will give us information so we can do that. Your individual responses are not shared.
To access the survey, click: https://forms.gle/CQTidY92gS4Bx2sj8
Please complete your survey by May 11th. The survey is required to be cleared for graduation.
On behalf of The Counseling, Career, and College Guidance Team, we wish you the very best. It has been an honor to know and work with you.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the survey, please email Sheree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation Ticket Distribution Starts May 16
Tickets for graduation will be available to graduating students in mid-May. There is no charge for tickets.
The Hult Center requires a ticket for every person who enters the hall, including infants. Beginning March 12, 2022, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts will no longer require mandatory face masks. The Hult Center’s public health requirements and information about their on-site testing service are listed on their website at https://hultcenter.org/health_safety/.
GRADUATING STUDENTS MUST BE CLEARED ON THE GRADUATION CHECKLIST IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR GRADUATION CEREMONY TICKETS.
6 tickets will be reserved for each graduating student. Students can request up to 8 additional tickets, which will be distributed by a lottery process.
Ticket distribution is at the CHS office during student lunch only. On the first day, distribution will be in the courtyard, to allow space for long lines.
May 16: Ticket distribution begins — ticket lottery requests open
- students can pick up their 6 reserved tickets
- ticket lottery requests open
May 31: Ticket distribution continues — ticket lottery distribution begins
- students can pick up their 6 reserved tickets
- students can pick up tickets requested through the lottery
- ticket lottery requests will continue until all available tickets are assigned
June 10: Last day to pick up tickets at the CHS office
June 11: Unclaimed tickets will be distributed to graduates at the Hult Center at the end of graduation rehearsal, then to the public starting at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby.
For questions, email Jill at email@example.com.
Honors Diploma Applications Due May 16
Previous announcements stated that Honors Diploma applications were due on April 29. The correct due date is May 16, 2022.
Each year, the Eugene School District 4J honors seniors who demonstrate academic excellence and community service. Eugene 4J Honors Graduates are recognized by an honor seal added to their diploma and an honor cord to be worn at graduation. To be eligible for this honor, seniors must:
1. Submit a complete application by Monday, May 16, 2022
2. Earn 25 credits by graduation
3. Earn a minimum of a 3.5 GPA by the end of the second trimester
4. Complete a minimum of 50 hours of community service
For more information and to apply, please click HERE.
Questions? Email Sheree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cap and Gown Pickup, and Senior Celebration, May 20
Join us on Friday, May 20, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Teachers and staff at CHS are preparing our handmade signs and noisemakers to cheer you on as you drive or walk through the Senior Celebration. We are so proud of you that we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to celebrate what you have accomplished. Every graduating student will be honored at our Senior Celebration.
- Drive or walk through the CHS parking lot and be cheered on by your teachers and mentors. Enter from 18th Avenue by the athletic fields.
- Walk the red carpet and be knighted by Principal Borgerding
- Pick up your cap and gown and other senior products you ordered from Miners Graduate Services
So, decorate your car, bring your noisemakers, and come ready to celebrate!
- Follow all local public health guidelines. Masks are welcome, but not required.
- If you are driving, stay in your car except when you get out to accept your knighting. Drive carefully. Some students will come on foot. To reduce vehicle traffic, please only drive one vehicle per household.
- Pedestrians, be careful around vehicles and stay on the sidewalk.
Graduation Party 2022
The Graduation Party is a community-sponsored event independent of and receiving no funding, services, or supervision from the Eugene School District 4J. Liability is the responsibility of the organizers of the event.
Purchase your ticket here (scholarships are available).
There’s still time to get bonus raffle tickets! Purchase your grad party ticket by May 12 for 10 bonus raffle tickets. Raffle tickets are used for grand prizes and raffle gift baskets at the grad party.
Possible Grand prizes: Air pod Pro, Apple iPad, smart TV, Nintendo Switch, Apple Watch, Paddle Board.
We need chaperones
Parents, please email email@example.com if you would like to chaperone at the grad party.
Follow us and learn more
- CHS Grad Party Website
- Instagram: @churchillgradparty2022
- Facebook: @Churchill 2022 Grad Party
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information, to be placed on the email committee list, and with questions
- Donate with Venmo: @Churchill-HSParty
The Class of 2022 shirts feature a student-designed graphic on the front and list the names of the members of the Class of 2022 on the back. Choose the T-shirt ($20) or Hoodie ($35) style… or get both! Sizes are unisex.
Shirts will be distributed at CHS after the order is placed. Order now to reserve a shirt in your preferred style and size.
2022 Senior Shirt Flyer (PDF)
CHS Senior Parents,
In keeping with tradition at Churchill High School, our graduating class of 2022 will be raising funds and presenting our school with a class gift. The gift, which has yet to be decided, will be agreed upon by staff and students. The only condition we have set is that it must be a permanent item (e.g. work of art; garden; furniture, etc.). Your gracious donation may be for any amount of money that you choose (Yes! $1 donations are appreciated).
Please join us as this will be our opportunity as parents to bestow a lasting gift representing our appreciation and helping to beautify the school that we love and has been the home to our children for the last few years.
Make your donation here, or pay at the school office.
Current and future students and families will appreciate your donation and contribution to the gift.
We thank you!
Senior class parent
Before you Graduate: Save your School Data
When you finish your graduation requirements, you will be unenrolled and you will lose access to your 4J Gmail, Google Drive, StudentVUE, and other services that use your 4J sign-in, and your contact information will be removed from our communications lists.
Files (Google Drive): Copy any files and data that you wish to keep from your 4J accounts to a personal device, external drive, or personal Google Drive. For instructions on using Google Takeout to download your 4J Google data, visit 4j.lane.edu/technology/ns/googletakeout.
Emails and Contacts: Google Takeout (above) can save your Gmail contacts, but it will not export your emails. The easiest way to save emails from your Student Gmail account is to forward them to your personal email address.
Naviance: If you are using your 4J email address for your Naviance account, you must change it to a personal email to avoid losing access to Naviance.
Early Grads: Walking in Graduation
Early graduates who want to walk in the graduation ceremony and receive news and updates about graduation, please contact Jill Reents at email@example.com or 541-790-5112. She will add your name to the graduation checklist and your preferred contact information to the Graduation at a G’Lance distribution list.