Churchill Class of 2023 and Families,
There are 24 school days until graduation! We hope you’ll find this issue of the Graduation at a G’Lance informative and helpful, and that you get a little bit of fun out of it, too. Keep looking for these newsletters in your email and at chs.4j.lane.edu/graduation/classof2023.
Here is the updated checklist. Please note:
- REMINDER: The “Credits” column will be updated after counselors have reviewed midterm grades. You should see this change next week. Please wait until the next checklist is published before asking your counselor about this column.
- *UPDATE: Library fines and overdue books have been updated.
- *NEW: The checklist has been updated to include a column for student computers. This will not affect your ability to pick up graduation tickets. However, you will not be able to receive your diploma until your student computer is returned to the school.
By default, graduates’ names will be listed with the first and last names only.
Fill out this form to choose how your name will be printed on your diploma and in the graduation program. Please type in your name EXACTLY the way it should appear in the graduation program and on your diploma. Pay attention to CapitaliZation, spac es, and spéçial charäcters.
- Rodney Lancer
- Rodney Q. Lancer
- Rodney Quincy Lancer, Jr.
If you do not submit this form, we will print your first and last name.
The graduation ceremony program will be sent to the printer on Wednesday, May 10. Any submissions after the program is sent to the printer will not be included in the program, but may still be in time to make it onto your printed diploma.
Graduation Survey Due Wednesday, May 10
The graduation survey is mandatory. You will not be able to pick up your reserved tickets or request additional tickets until the survey is completed.
We will mail your diploma to the address you provide so please make sure you include your street name or PO Box, city, state, and zip code.
You may not know the answer to all other questions that apply to you. That’s ok. You can update the form until May 25th.
Graduation Ticket Distribution Starts May 15
Remember, students must be cleared to graduate in order to request additional tickets or receive reserved tickets.
On May 15, Jill will be in the courtyard during student lunch to hand out tickets to students who are cleared to graduate. We do this in the courtyard for the first day or two to avoid having long lines of students in the front office. When the lines start to get shorter, she’ll be in her office during student lunch.
Please have the following information ready to share when you pick up your tickets.
- How many total tickets do you need?
- Do any of your guests use a wheelchair (how many)?
- Do any of your guests require an interpreter (Spanish, ASL, or another language)?
Get your tickets now for the Lancer Grad Party 2023
This is going to be an unforgettable night for the Lancer Class of 2023. Don’t miss it! Purchase your tickets at lancer-gradparty2023.squarespace.com.
Tickets are $35. Full and partial scholarships are available based on need. Email Churchillgradparty2023@gmail.com for information.
Facing the Unknown with Confidence: Tips for Transitioning to College Life
Each year college-bound students face excitement, and a bit of trepidation, when it comes to life in college. With mental health at the forefront of the conversation for Gen Z, it’s important to talk about the college transition before students arrive on campus. Encourage your students and families to attend our webinar to hear from university experts on overcoming common challenges faced by college students. Panelists will discuss wellness and student support resources to successfully navigate this next phase of the education journey.
Families, you can register for a free webinar to learn more.
Register now for a free webinar:
- Corey Farris, Dean of Students, West Virginia University
- Darrius Mooney, Financial Aid Counselor, MSW, MPS, Howard University
- Kevin Sutton, former Assistant Director of Financial Wellness, Virginia Tech
If you’re unable to attend on this date, go ahead and register—we’ll send you a link to the recording so that you don’t miss this valuable information.
Lane African American Black Student Success Black Graduation Ceremony
Sign up here for the Lane AABSS Black Graduation Ceremony on Thursday, June 8 at 6:00 pm at the Hult Center.