Graduation at a G’Lance, June 9, 2022
The graduation calendar and past issues of the “Graduation at a G’Lance” are posted on the Class of 2022 Graduation page.
Lancer Class of 2022,
Soon you will be Churchill High School graduates. We are proud of the work that you have done to get to this point. Here are some announcements and reminders to help you get through your last few days.
Things to do before Saturday
- Keep working hard. Make sure you are passing all of your classes.
- Stay healthy. If a graduating student becomes symptomatic and tests positive for COVID-19, we will follow quarantine guidelines. This means that a COVID-positive student could be excluded from participating in the graduation ceremony. We don’t want this to happen to you. Please continue to do what is best for you and your family to stay healthy.
- Get your tickets! at lunchtime in Jill’s office. We have leftover tickets. You can now pick up more tickets, even if you already received the maximum number.
- Return your library books, including textbooks.
- Save your files and emails. Update Naviance and other non-4J accounts to a personal email address. When you graduate, all files and information associated with your 4J account will be lost forever. Transfer anything you want to keep to a personal device or external drive and forward important emails to a personal email address.
- Return your school computer on Friday at lunch in the courtyard or after school in the front office.
- Request a final transcript for your college or university. Instructions are posted on the College and Career Center website.
- Hang your graduation gown to get the wrinkles out. Finish your cap decorations (remember to keep them 2-D and school-appropriate). How to Dress for Graduation (PDF)
- Share the graduation live stream link with your family and friends: https://hultcenter.org/2022-graduations/ (English only)
- Tell your guests that will be using the Spanish interpretation service to download the Zoom app on their phone and bring their headphones to the graduation ceremony. Here is the Zoom link for Spanish interpretation: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81431362157 (This link will also be posted in the Hult Center lobby.)
- Sign up for your Lifetouch photo proofs.
- Text the following join code to 735-343:
or use this link: bit.ly/3wtB89d
- Enroll using a selfie.
- Waldo will text you your proofs!
- Order your prints and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Text the following join code to 735-343:
- Purchase your Grad Party Ticket. Go to tinyurl.com/chsgradparty
Graduation Day FAQs: Where to Go and What to Do
See a detailed graduation-day schedule here.
All graduation day events are self-transport. Drive yourself, or get a ride from a friend or family member.
Don’t let finances prevent you from enjoying graduation activities. You got this far, and you deserve to celebrate. Visit Ken in the Finance Office for help with the Senior Breakfast, scholarships for the Graduation Party are available by contacting the party organizers, and Jill can help you borrow a cap and gown from the school.
Senior Breakfast, 8:00 AM
- Eugene Faith Center, 1410 W 13th Ave
- $15, scholarships available
Graduation Rehearsal, 9:30 AM Rehearsal is MANDATORY for all graduates!!
- Hult Center, 1 Eugene Center (Willamette and 6th/7th)
- Park in the parking structure (free on Saturdays) or on the street. Remember to protect your car from break-ins. Store all bags and other items in the trunk, or take them with you to rehearsal.
- Rehearsal will start in the studio. Go down the stairs to the right of the main entrance on 7th Street.
Tech Rehearsal, 11:00 AM (performers and speakers only)
Class Photo, 6:00 PM
- Arrive at the Hult Center studio at 6:00 PM.
- Wear your cap and gown for the photo.
Graduation Ceremony, 7:00 PM
- The Hult Center lobby will open at 6:00 PM.
- Silva Hall will open at 6:15 PM for seating.
- The ticket table will open in the lobby at 6:30 PM. Families can turn in unused tickets, any leftover tickets will be distributed and guests can exchange tickets for another section if available.
Update on Masking at the Hult Center
Masks are optional at the Hult Center in the lobby, in Silva Hall, and in the studio where students will be getting ready for the ceremony. However, masks will be required in the backstage hallways. This is because we are sharing the backstage hallways with an artist who will be performing in the other concert hall on the same night. Students are encouraged to bring a mask with them in case they need to use the back hallway for a break during the ceremony.
The Hult Center welcomes and encourages patrons to wear masks if they choose.
Graduation Livestream and Recording Information
The Churchill High School Graduation will be live-streamed for family and friends to access remotely during the ceremony. Also, a recording will be available within a week from the graduation to watch at a later date.
Live-stream Link (English only): https://hultcenter.org/2022-graduations/
This link will be live with no password needed beginning at 6:45 pm on June 11th.
Recording (English and Spanish): will be available within a week after graduation. The link will be emailed and available on the Eugene IHS website.
Traducción Española (Spanish Interpretation)
Traducción Española: Por favor, descargue la aplicación de Zoom con anticipación y asegúrese que su aparato esté cargado antes del evento. Por favor, traiga audifonos para acceder el audio en español.
Enlace Zoom para traducción al español: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81431362157
Esto también se publicará en el vestíbulo del Hult Center en el evento. Eugene Public Wi-Fi está disponible en el Hult Center y no se necesita contraseña.
Spanish Interpretation: For families who attend in person and desire Spanish interpretation, the ceremony will be live-streamed through Zoom with translation by Go Global. You will need your own Wi-Fi device and a comfortable set of headphones. Eugene Public Wi-Fi is available at the Hult Center and no password is necessary.
Spanish is the only language interpretation available at this event.