Graduation at a G’Lance, 5/29
In this Issue
- 2020 Graduation Ceremonies (important update; we need information from you)
- Graduation Checklist
- chs20.20seniorclass Instagram Page
- Saving Your Data
- Upcoming Events and Deadlines
2020 Graduation Ceremonies
- We are in the process of creating the 2020 virtual graduation, which will be broadcast on June 11.
- An email has been sent to the address on record for each senior (your 4J email), from Envision Pro AV.
- The communication will be from an address with the extension of @envisionproav.atlassian.net.
- The email contains a unique link for you to upload their photo and complete some other tasks by June 4.
- If you did not receive the email with the link, send an email right away to email@example.com.
- IHS Students: You will receive two links because you will have two graduation ceremonies.
Step 1: Access your unique link from the email invitation sent to you from Envision Graduations. Moving forward, you will use this unique link to access your graduation portal. Press “next” to continue along with completing this process
Step 2: Next you will be able to upload your picture: select a photo to upload for your official graduation picture. (We recommend utilizing a portrait orientation. The image file should be in JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF format, at least 800 pixels wide and no bigger than 2MB). In addition to uploading your picture, you will be able to personalize your graduation quote, type out how you want your name to appear in the ceremony, and record yourself pronouncing your name correctly, so we’ll be sure to get it right.
The Graduation Checklist is ready. We’ll be updating the checklist regularly. Updates will be emailed to you and posted on the Graduation page.
It is important that you check your status to make sure you are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Students who are cleared will have a checkmark in the ADMIN CLEAR TO WALK column. This year, walking means you will be acknowledged in the virtual ceremony and will be eligible to walk in the traditional ceremony when it becomes available.
If you are not on this list you will not be included in the graduation ceremony. Please email Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the checklist.
- To protect student privacy, the checklist is published with student numbers rather than names. You can find your student number on your most recent report card. In ParentVUE or StudentVUE, the student number appears under the student’s portrait in the top left corner.
- A checkmark means that your requirements for that column are complete. Incomplete requirements will indicate who can help you finalize the requirement. Visit our Graduation page and scroll down to the Whom to Contact section to find the email address for the staff member you need to work with to clear your requirements.
Stay connected to your classmates and celebrate each other’s accomplishments on the chs20.20seniorclass Instagram page. This account is created and managed by your classmates. Churchill does not post information on this page.
Class of 2020 Advisory Google Classroom
Please continue to check in on the 12th-Grade Advisory class in Google Classroom. We will be sharing announcements, encouragement, and lessons to help you through the end of the school year. If you haven’t already joined, please check your 4J email for a classroom invite.
Saving Your Data
Early Grads (finishing school before June)
Most seniors will continue to be enrolled in Churchill until the end of the school year on June 11. Your graduation date will be in June. Although you may not be engaged in coursework, you will still be enrolled at Churchill. You will continue to have access to 4J email and Google services and receive communication from us.
For students who applied for early graduation prior to the end of Term 2
When you graduate and are no longer enrolled in school, your contact information is removed from our communications list. If you want to continue to receive updates about the graduation ceremony, please contact Jill Reents at email@example.com or 541-790-5112. She will add your preferred contact information to a special distribution list for the Graduation at a G’Lance.
After you graduate, your 4J email, 4J Google drive, and 4J Files1 are no longer accessible. Copy any data you wish to keep to an external drive or to your personal Google drive before you go.
For instructions on using Google Takeout to download your 4J Google data, visit 4j.lane.edu/technology/ns/googletakeout.
If you are using your 4J email for your Naviance account, you must change it to a personal email to avoid losing access to Naviance.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
The Graduation Timeline has been updated to reflect cancellations, reschedules, and reimagined graduation events due to the school closure.
|Senior Awards Ceremony
|June 11, 6:30 p.m.
|Virtual Graduation Ceremony
|a link will be shared when it is available
|Churchill High School Front Office