Graduation at a G’Lance, 5/26
In this Issue
- Cap and Gown Pickup and Senior Celebration This Thursday
- 2020 Graduation Ceremonies (important update; we need information from you)
- Graduation Checklist
- chs20.20seniorclass Instagram Page
- Saving Your Data
- Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Cap and Gown Pickup and Senior Celebration
Our staff is preparing their handmade signs and noisemakers to cheer you on as you drive or walk through to receive your cap and gown. You are all so important to us that we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to celebrate what you have accomplished.
Join us on May 28. Please come during the time listed by your last name.
- A–D 1:00–1:45 p.m.
- E–L 1:45–2:30 p.m.
- M–R 2:30–3:15 p.m.
- S–Z 3:15–4:00 p.m.
Please enter the parking lot from 18th Avenue near the athletic lot. Click here to view a map of the route.
Caps, Gowns, Honors, and More
You will receive your cap and gown, any other items you ordered from Miners, any honor cords you earned, IHS announcement inserts, and your diploma cover. Yard signs will also be here for any graduate who has not already picked one up.
If you can’t make it to this event, or if you have already moved and will not be able to return your library books by June, please email Debbie Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an individual plan for returning your books.
Please return any student computer or WiFi hotspot that you borrowed from Churchill. If you are still working on your classes, you can wait until the end of the school year to return these items.
A professional photographer will take a photo of you in your cap and gown. Information about ordering prints will be available at this station.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Please arrive in only one car per household.
- Do not exit your car except at the picture station. We will come to you.
- Wash your hands before and after the event and wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each station.
- Staff members will wear masks and gloves.
Can’t Make it On the 28th?
If you are unable to come to the cap and gown pickup event, you can pick up your items in the office after May 28 during our drop-in times: Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For questions about your graduation order, contact Miners Graduate Services.
Miners Graduate Services
1885 River Road
Eugene, Oregon 97404
2020 Graduation Ceremonies
You will soon receive an email from Envision Graduations in your 4J Student Email inbox. Envision is assisting us in providing the virtual graduation ceremony. Keep this email. It will contain a unique link and instructions for you to access your graduation portal. This portal will allow you to personalize your graduation profile.
- Step 1: Access your unique link from the email invitation sent to you from Envision Graduations. Moving forward, you will use this unique link to access your graduation portal. Press “next” to continue along with completing this process
- Step 2: Next you will be able to upload your picture: select a photo to upload for your official graduation picture. (We recommend utilizing a portrait orientation. The image file should be in JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF format, at least 800 pixels wide and no bigger than 2MB). In addition to uploading your picture, you will be able to personalize your graduation quote, type out how you want your name to appear in the ceremony, and record yourself pronouncing your name correctly, so we’ll be sure to get it right.
The Graduation Checklist is ready. We’ll be updating the checklist regularly. Updates will be emailed to you and posted on the Graduation page.
It is important that you check your status to make sure you are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Students who are cleared will have a checkmark in the ADMIN CLEAR TO WALK column. This year, walking means you will be acknowledged in the virtual ceremony and will be eligible to walk in the traditional ceremony when it becomes available.
If you are not on this list you will not be included in the graduation ceremony. Please email Jill at email@example.com to be added to the checklist.
- To protect student privacy, the checklist is published with student numbers rather than names. You can find your student number on your most recent report card. In ParentVUE or StudentVUE, the student number appears under the student’s portrait in the top left corner.
- A checkmark means that your requirements for that column are complete. Incomplete requirements will indicate who can help you finalize the requirement. Visit our Graduation page and scroll down to the Whom to Contact section to find the email address for the staff member you need to work with to clear your requirements.
Stay connected to your classmates and celebrate each other’s accomplishments on the chs20.20seniorclass Instagram page.
Class of 2020 Advisory Google Classroom
Please continue to check in on the 12th-Grade Advisory class in Google Classroom. We will be sharing announcements, encouragement, and lessons to help you through the end of the school year. If you haven’t already joined, please check your 4J email for a classroom invite.
Saving Your Data
Early Grads (finishing school before June)
Most seniors will continue to be enrolled in Churchill until the end of the school year on June 11. Your graduation date will be in June. Although you may not be engaged in coursework, you will still be enrolled at Churchill. You will continue to have access to 4J email and Google services and receive communication from us.
For students who applied for early graduation prior to the end of Term 2
When you graduate and are no longer enrolled in school, your contact information is removed from our communications list. If you want to continue to receive updates about the graduation ceremony, please contact Jill Reents at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-790-5112. She will add your preferred contact information to a special distribution list for the Graduation at a G’Lance.
After you graduate, your 4J email, 4J Google drive, and 4J Files1 are no longer accessible. Copy any data you wish to keep to an external drive or to your personal Google drive before you go.
For instructions on using Google Takeout to download your 4J Google data, visit 4j.lane.edu/technology/ns/googletakeout.
If you are using your 4J email for your Naviance account, you must change it to a personal email to avoid losing access to Naviance.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
The Graduation Timeline has been updated to reflect cancellations, reschedules, and reimagined graduation events due to the school closure.
|May 28||Cap and Gown Pickup and Senior Celebration
A–D 1:00–1:45 p.m.
|Churchill High School Parking Lot|
|June 3||Senior Awards Ceremony||Zoom|
|June 11, 6:30 p.m.||Virtual Graduation Ceremony||a link will be shared when it is available|
|June 24||Diploma Pickup||Churchill High School Front Office|