Graduation at a G’Lance 4/12
Churchill Class of 2019 and Families,
We had a successful Graduation Information Night on Wednesday. If you missed it, and if your student also missed the Advisory lesson on April 5, please review the following materials. These documents are also posted on our Graduation page at chs.4j.lane.edu/graduation.
Graduation is Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. at the Hult Center.
As always, remember you can check chs.4j.lane.edu/graduation to view the graduation calendar, contact information, and past issues of the Graduation at a G’Lance.
2019 Graduation Checklist 20190412 (updated 4/12/2019)
Please continue to review the checklist as it is updated each week.
As of April 12, the “Completed Credits” column is not updated. Counselors have been working hard to correct student schedules for Term 3. Once that work is complete, they will have time to review transcripts and update this column. Some students may not see a change in this column until after midterm grades are published.
Students will not have access to the Graduation Survey in Naviance until May 1.
Students cannot pick up graduation tickets or participate in the graduation ceremony until all columns on the checklist are checked off.
- To protect student privacy, the checklist is published with student numbers rather than names. You can find your student number on your most recent report card. In ParentVUE or StudentVUE, the student number appears under the student’s portrait in the top left corner.
- A check mark means that your requirements for that column are complete.
People are asking questions about graduation. Here are the answers to some of the questions we have been asked recently.
- Will the graduation date be moved because of the snow days?
No. Graduation is still set for Wednesday, June 12 at 7:00 p.m. and the last day for seniors is still Wednesday, June 5.
- When can I pick up graduation tickets for my guests?
Ticket distribution will start on May 13. See the full graduation ticket distribution policy here.
- When should I order my cap and gown?
Cap and gown orders were due in December, but Miners Graduate Services is still accepting late orders. The price has increased. Call Miners at 541-689-4588, or order online at minersgrad.com. Students on free and reduced lunch can borrow a gown from the school. Talk to Jill in the front office or your counselor to request to borrow a gown.
Honors Diploma Applications Available April 4, due May 9
See Sheree in the College and Career Center office for more information and an application. Be sure to turn in your applications by May 9.
Performer Audition Sign Up April 8–17
The graduation performer audition sign-up sheet will be posted outside Jill’s office. Auditions are on April 23 and 24, before school and during lunch.
Graduation Audition Rules:
- You must have a reasonable expectation that you will be cleared to graduate.
- Your audition material must be three minutes or less.
- Your material must be school-appropriate.
- Come to your audition fully prepared. This means you should be performance-ready (memorized or with note cards) and you should bring your accompanist, props, or other special equipment with you to the audition.
- Bring three copies of your speech, poem, music, script, etc. to give to the judges.
- Up to two friends will be allowed into the auditorium during your audition.
Graduation Announcement Order Pick Up April 15
Miners Graduate Services will be in the student lounge to hand out your ordered announcements on Monday, April 15 from 10:00 a.m. through the end of student lunch. To order, call Miners at 541-689-4588, or order online at minersgrad.com.
Come to our Papa’s Pizza Fundraiser on April 23. Don’t forget to bring this flyer.
Spring is in the air and the countdown has begun. Plans are well underway for the annual Churchill High School Senior Graduation Party. The University of Oregon Recreation Center is reserved, food donated and activities set. Now, all we need is your help. In April, you will be invited to a Senior Information Night, hosted by Churchill. We will be there to kickoff ticket sales, accept donations and provide more party information.
This is not a school-sponsored event so the parent committee relies on donations to make all this happen. If you or someone you know is able to contribute to this event, we are in need of gift cards, merchandise, themed baskets, or money donations. Our goal is for every attendee to leave winning a prize.
Any contribution is greatly appreciated! Donations can be mailed, dropped off or we can pick them up (checks payable to Churchill High School Grad Party).
Churchill High School
Attn: Senior Grad Party Committee
1850 Bailey Hill Rd.
Eugene, OR 97405
Thank you for joining us in making this a memorable event for your Seniors.
CHS Senior Grad Party Committee
CHS Senior Grad Party Committee
*The Graduation Party is a community-sponsored event organized by parents of Churchill students and funded by donation. Churchill High School and Eugene School District 4J do not provide financial, administrative, or clerical support for this event. Liability is the responsibility of the organizers of the event.