The Volunteer Application MUST BE COMPLETED BY ALL VOLUNTEERS. Only approved volunteers who have completed SafeSchools training for the current school year may be on campus or attend a school function without a staff escort. Independent contractors must submit a background check to the 4J school district. Check with the secretary to see if your volunteers are approved.
Note: Volunteer applications take AT LEAST 2 WEEKS to process. Recruit your volunteers well in advance of your trip to ensure adequate time for processing.
4J Field Trip Rules and Resources
All field trips must be vetted through the online field trip request. The only exceptions are Walking Field Trips (within 10 blocks of the school) and non-overnight team events within their conferences. A district-generated field trip permission form is required for all trips outside 10 blocks of the school.
- Day — requests are due 30 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 5 days prior to departure
- In-State Overnight — requests are due 45 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 10 days prior to departure
- Out of State, High Risk, or Outdoor Overnight Trips — requests are due 90 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 15 days prior to departure
Churchill Staff Field Trip Agreements
- Requests will be taken to Operations for approval at least two (2) weeks before a field trip. (*See 4J timelines and requirements above.*) The earlier the better.
- The organizing staff member will email a list of students to email@example.com at least two (2) weeks before the field trip with student names. (Send a list that includes student numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- *District Field Trip policy must be followed (see links above).*
- Students will fill out the CHS Student Field Trip Form at least 1week before the field trip if they will miss another teacher’s class.
- No field trips 5 school days before each trimester’s final grading period. Reasonable exceptions may be made for special events that are not congruent with the CHS calendar (i.e. activities governed outside of CHS/athletics, etc.).
- Revisit students attending if they are not passing their classes