Sources and Resources
Churchill Field Trip Timeline
30 – 90 days before the trip
Complete the 4J Field Trip Request at https://4j.lane.edu/fieldtrips.
- Day Trips — requests are due 30 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 5 days prior to departure
- In-State Overnight — requests are due 45 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 10 days prior to departure
- Out-of-State, High Risk, or Outdoor Overnight Trips — requests are due 90 days in advance of the trip; all trip requirements must be met 15 days prior to departure
For trips within 10 blocks of the school, the 4J Field Trip Request is not needed. An Annual Walking Field Trip Permission Form must be on file for each participating student. (Check with the registrar.)
Non-overnight team events within their conferences do not require the 4J field trip process.
30 days before the trip
Chaperones must complete the Volunteer Application and Vector (SafeSchools) Training. Volunteer applications are valid for 2 years. Vector training must be renewed each school year.
Note: Volunteer applications take AT LEAST 2 WEEKS to process. Recruit your volunteers well in advance of your trip to ensure adequate time for processing.
2 weeks before the trip
Students begin the CHS Student Field Trip Form with their teachers.
Chaperones have completed the Volunteer Application and Vector Training.
1 – 2 weeks before the trip
- The school nurse must check the roster for students with medical conditions that may need to be addressed during the trip. This may involve training staff on administering medication or appropriate first aid.
- The attendance office needs time to enter the student’s attendance as an excused school activity.
Students turn in the completed CHS Student Field Trip Form to the organizing staff member.
Email the student roster to email@example.com.
Churchill Staff Field Trip Agreements
- The organizing staff member will email a list of students to firstname.lastname@example.org two (2) weeks before the field trip with student names. Send a list that includes student numbers directly to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District Field Trip policy must be followed (see links above).
- Students will fill out the CHS Student Field Trip Form at least one (1) week before the field trip if they will miss another teacher’s class. Revisit students attending if they are not passing their classes.
- No field trips 5 school days before each trimester’s final grading period. Reasonable exceptions may be made for special events that are not congruent with the CHS calendar (i.e. activities governed outside of CHS/athletics, etc.).