Oregon schools are closed through the end of the school year, but classes continue with distance learning.
We will be open in the front office from 10-12 Monday through Thursday. You can stop by to collect technology, yards signs, and locker contents at those times.
- Student Email — Students should check their 4J Student Email daily for communication from their teachers and counselors. Many students may need to delete old emails to make room to receive new ones.
- Teacher Office Hours for Distance Learning
- Physical Activity Options for All Students
- 15 Days of Wellness
- Google Services — Sign in here to access Google Classroom. Students must use their 4J Google account to access Google Classroom.
- Tech Tutorials for Students
- Zoom — For your protection, teachers may record Zoom meetings or request that a third person join your Zoom meeting. Scroll down to read our Zoom Expectations for Students.
- Digital Literacy Resources
- Oregon Department of Education Distance Learning for All — This site includes links to additional resources for families.
- Additional Distance Learning Resources — Supplemental resources to support your child’s learning at home.
- Website with documentation and quicksheets
- Support Request Form
- For help with your 4J username or password, email Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use Google Classroom: Helpful Videos
Students must use their 4J Google account to access Google Classroom.
- Google Classroom for Students
- A Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom
- How to Join a Google Classroom in English AND Spanish
- Accessing Google Classroom at Home for Parents and Kids – Spanish: This explains how to access Google Classroom as well as how to join a class (all in one!).
- How to Use Google Classroom on the iPad – English
- Google Classroom Parent Tutorial (iPad) Spanish
Zoom Expectations for Students
Students must understand and agree to the following regarding the use of the Zoom Platform for official school communication.
- The meeting links you receive from a teacher are for you and you only. You are not to share the link with others outside of your class or try to attend zoom meetings that are not for you.
- There will likely be a waiting room before entering the regular zoom meeting. Please wait patiently until you are admitted to the conversation. Students who are disruptive may be sent back to the waiting room. Just like in regular class, this takes time away from the experience of the other learners and the teacher.
- Students must not play with virtual backgrounds or other special effects during Zoom conversations unless given special permission by the teacher.
- Use your real name, not a code name or abbreviation or something humorous.
- If you turn your video off, just leave the screen blank with your name, no picture substitutions.
- In conversations with 5 or more people:
- Automatically mute yourself except when it’s your turn to speak in any meeting.
- Use the “hand raise” feature to indicate you want to speak.
- Private chats are not allowed during school Zoom conversations.
- Remember that this is for school purposes. When participating in a Zoom meeting for school, bring your classroom behavior to the screen.
- Locate yourself in an appropriate place.
- Sit (or stand) as you would in class.
- Wear school appropriate attire.
- Remove other distractions and focus solely on the Zoom conversation.
- You may not take pictures, screenshots, or videos of the Zoom conversation, without express permission.