Mental Health Resources
Tips for Caring for Student Laptops **Liquid spills require immediate repair. Call the front office as soon as possible at 541-790-5100 for instructions on exchanging your computer for repair.**
- Student Email — Students should check their 4J Student Email daily for communication from their teachers and counselors. Many students may need to delete old emails to make room to receive new ones.
- Canvas for Students
- Google Drive
- Zoom – Log In Using Clever (pdf)
- For your protection, teachers may record Zoom meetings or request that a third person join your Zoom meeting. Scroll down to read our Virtual Classroom and Video Conferencing Guidelines.
Accounts for Parents
Parent Tech Training: https://vimeo.com/478671172 (recorded on November 9, 2020)
Parents can view their student(s)’s progress and control the way they receive announcements from Churchill and 4J. Here are some of the web services available to 4J parents.
- ParentVUE — Contact Trisha Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for activation information.
- Canvas — To set up your account, click on “Canvas for Families,” then “Click Here For an Account” and follow the instructions from there. Your student or their teacher can provide the pairing code.
- SchoolMessenger — Log in or create your account using the email address we have on file for you in your student’s record. Look for the preferences option in the menu to adjust whether you receive texts, phone calls, and emails from 4J and Churchill.
How to Become a Canvas Observer
Below is a list of videos created for Observers. It can be found on our 4J Tech Tutorials webpage. In addition to these Observer videos, there are more videos for Students on this 4J web page taken from our Canvas 101 courses as well as the Canvas support page. The list below should be hot-linked so you can go directly and view these for yourself.
From Eugene SD 4J – for Parents/Observers
- Step 1: Student must create a Pairing Code before a parent/guardian can create an Observer account
- Step 2: How to create an Observer account for parents/guardians to view student’s Canvas account
- Step 3 (optional): How to add students to an Observer account for parents/guardians
- Tip 1: How to check my student’s grades as an Observer
- Tip 2: How to I monitor my student’s assignments as an Observer.
- Tip 3: How to set my notifications as an Observer.
High school students are expected to understand the appropriate use of technology in the school. This includes the use of school devices and equipment and the use of personal devices while at school. A copy of Eugene School District 4J’s “Technology Appropriate Use Guidelines” can be downloaded at http://policy.osba.org/eugene/I/IIBGA%20R%20D1.PDF.
- Technology Support Page (helpful guides and FAQs)
- Technology Support Request Form
- For help with your 4J username or password,
- Internet Access
Tech Tools to Help with Reading and Writing
Mac Accessibility Features
Google Read&Write for the Chrome Browser
- Sync Google Chrome -or Quick Guide
- Reading -Using Read&Write in a Website
- Writing -Using Read&Write in a Google Doc
- Using Google Read&Write in Canvas