Determining Eligibility Prior to the Athletic Season
- All incoming freshman are academically eligible for the Fall Season.
- 10th–12th-grade students must demonstrate that they are on track to graduate.
- Fall of 10th grade year: must have earned 4.5 credits.
- Fall of 11th grade year: must have earned 10.0 credits.
- Fall of 12th grade year: must have earned 17.0 credits
- All students must have passed 2.0 credits in the previous trimester. (Exception is fall season for freshmen.)
- All student-athletes must be enrolled 2.0 credits during the season.
Academic Eligibility during the Season
- An academic check will take place at mid-terms.
- Any student-athlete that is not passing 2.0 credits will be placed on academic probation.
- Students on academic probation have one week to demonstrate that they are passing 2.0 credits.
- Students on academic probation can still practice and participate in competitions.
- If after one week on academic probation, the student is not passing 2.0 credits, they are not allowed to participate in competitions.
- The student can, with permission from the coach in charge, still participate in practices and continue to work towards eligibility.
- Once the student has demonstrated they are passing 2.0 classes, eligibility to participate in contests is regained.
Summer School and Summer Credits
Any credits earned during summer school or online credits during the summer count toward the previous trimester credit requirements and total credits earned towards graduation.